If you are an international student in Canada, likely you will not have any credit report and your parents maybe sending you money from back home, therefore, please be advised that landlords may ask for additional documents for security. However at the minimum they will require the following:
1. Lease Application: Please completely fill up the Lease Application online ASAP. No need to print. Keep the date, address, SIN#, and bank info empty;
2. Job Letter(combined income must be $60,000+);
3. You may not have a credit report but if you do with a score of 700+ (if any), please send me a copy.
Equifax– please do not use, they have removed their option to print.
- Borrowell – or but you’ll have to sign up for a subscription then cancel it after you get your report;
- Or any other online available options.
4. Canadian Bank Statements (at least last 3 months) showing $4-5000 monthly deposits;
5. Student Visa Copy;
6. Passport Copy
7. Student I.D. Copy;
8. Program Acceptance Letter (from the institution you are enrolled at);