NEW TO CANADA?
If you are new to Canada, on work visa or PR, likely you will not have any credit report. Therefore, please be advised that landlords may ask for additional documents for security. However, at the minimum, they will require the following:
1. Lease Application: Please completely fill up the Lease Application online ASAP. No need to print. Keep the date, address, SIN#, and bank info empty;
2. You may not have a credit report but if you do with a score of 700+ (if any), please send me a copy.
Equifax– please do not use, they have removed their option to print.
- Borrowell – or but you’ll have to sign up for a subscription then cancel it after you get your report;
- Or any other online available options.
3. Proof of Income
– Job letter OR Job offer letter (combined income must be $60,000);
4. Canadian Bank statement, showing the balance;
5. Most Recent Pay stubs (if any);
6. Copy of Work Permit (Visa);
7. Passport copy.