LEASING PROCESS STEP BY STEP
A) At Time of Submitting an Offer We Will Need to Provide the Following (minimum requirements):
- Job letter (or Income Tax Return for self employed), combined income must be $50,000
- Credit report with score (no older than 6 months) must be 700+, otherwise due to extremely high competition chances will be low
- Lease Application
- Lease Offer (I will prepare it for e-sign, when you’re ready to submit an offer)
- THE LISTING AGENT WILL USUALLY RESPOND WITHING 24HRS, HOWEVER IT COULD BE DELAYED IF THEY ARE BUSY OR FOREIGN INVESTORS.
- REJECTION OF OFFERS IS A COMMON OCCURRENCE IN THIS VERY INTENSE AND HEATED MARKET, SO NO NEED TO STRESS, IF I HAVE TAKEN YOU ON, I WILL HELP YOU ALL THE WAY.
B) Once The Offer is Accepted, We Need to Provide the Following within 24 Hours:
- First and last month’s deposit in the form of bank draft in the name of the brokerage (found on the 1st pg of the lease agreement), within 24hrs of acceptance. I will try my best to deliver for you to the brokerage at no charge to you, however I may ask you to deliver it depending on convenience. If it is not possible to deliver the physical draft then you may need to wire transfer the amount directly to the brokerage, I’ll provide that info.
C) After the Draft is Delivered:
- In case of a condo you will need to complete tenant registration by contacting the property management yourself, I’ll provide you the instructions.
- At the same time you will need to book the elevator (if applicable) for moving and provide a damage deposit / security cheque to the property management, refundable immediately after the move,
- Sundays are not allowed.
- BOOK EARLY BEFORE ALL TIME SLOTS ARE GONE!
- You will need to arrange the following prior to key exchange:
- Kep deposit in the name of the landlord, found on top of the 1st pg of lease agreement.
- Post-dated rent cheques in the name of the landlord (12 months minus the # of months of deposit)
- Proof of utility account name change
- Tenant insurance
D) At the Time of Key Exchange (Closing/Move-In Date) We Must Provide Proof of the the Following:
Tenant Insurance / Utility account name changes / Key deposit cheque / Post-dated rent cheques
E) Enjoy Your New Home!!!
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns at all.
WHAT DOCUMENTATION WILL YOU REQUIRE?:
Please click on the square below that applies to you