NEW TO CANADA?
If you are new to Canada, on work visa or PR, likely you will not have any credit report. Therefore, please be advised that landlords may ask for additional documents for security. However, at the minimum, they will require the following:
- Lease Application: Please completely fill up the Lease Application online ASAP. No need to print. Keep the date, address, SIN#, and bank info empty;
- If you do have a Credit report with a score of 700+ (if any), please go to Equifax and get a credit report for $23.99, not the $15 one. How to Print an Equifax Credit Report in PDF OR go to TransUnion but you’ll have to sign up for a subscription and then cancel it after you get your report.
- Proof of Income
– Job letter OR Job offer letter (combined income must be $50,000);
- Canadian Bank statement, showing the balance;
- Most Recent Pay stubs (if any);
- Copy of Work Permit (Visa);
- Passport copy.